Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello, Pretty.

I finally succumbed to my urges, and brought home my very own iPhone today. She is everything I ever hoped she'd be. I've rationalized this upgrade in a number of different ways.
  1. This is the first phone I've ever paid money for. Sooo, I deserve a nice one. Yeah. That's how that works.
  2. My current (woops, I mean, former) phone, a dinosaur Nokia flip thing, has to be rigged up very carefully with the wind blowing on it in exactly the right way in order for it to charge. At one point it didn't ring, it warbled. Which was especially interesting when my rooster alarm clock went off.
  3. This is not just a phone. It's a tiny computer! And an iPod, a digital camera, a video camera, GPS, and has applications that tell me where to eat and what constellations are currently overhead. How did I ever live without this?
  4. I've already canceled out the additional monthly cost from my budget by threatening to leave my internet provider, which they responded to by cutting my bill in half for a year. Boom. Try it.
  5. I just want to feel fancy.
I just worry about this purchase turning out like the dreaded Guess sunglasses incident of 1997. I was working as a lifeguard at the ole municipal swimming pool and went against all of my better judgment and spent $70, which is a fairly shocking figure when you're a 16-year-old lifeguard, on a pair of sunglasses. To go with my whistle. I lost them within 72 hours, and have been pretty cheap as a rule ever since. Here's hoping that my new precious gadget doesn't find itself underneath a zamboni, or in the belly of a wild beast. Which is where I can only assume my sunglasses are.

No comments:

Post a Comment